Thank you to Lynn for this guest post. Lynn has her own blog over at My Filofax Blog which has featured a lot in recent web finds posts.
The generation of Baby Boomers is now nearing or is already at retiring age. Having lived through the ‘swinging sixties’ many of us are still going strong, loving life and looking forward to many more years ahead, albeit with a mountain of pills and replacement bits and pieces.
During my working life my organisers were all to do with my work in education and I never contemplated using one in my home-life. I wanted to step out of the rat race and leave all that behind. After retirement I happily pursued all my hobbies and it was only by chance that I acquired a Filofax style personal planner from one of my forays in a Charity Shop.
That planner started me on my Filofax journey, researching different sizes and types of planners, set-ups and ways of organising. A new world opened up especially when I found Philofaxy and saw that others shared my enthusiasm for a Filofax.
Needless to say my first proper Filofax followed the look-a-like and a new hobby was born. Who would have thought that I would still enjoy using my working skills - organising, categorising, researching, planning for projects, filing and juggling commitments in my retirement years!
I now own (ahem) more than one Filofax and the collection continues to grow as I find ways to use them all. By far the main way of using the Filofax is as an organiser and planner of everyday life and I read mostly articles written by the younger generation, people using a Filofax to run a busy home, organise work or student life or run a business.
There are not many articles, blogs, vlogs or YT videos produced by us ‘oldies’ showing a Filofax in action for our age group, although thank you to the wonderful ‘older’ lady on YT who showed off her Filofax containing her bus pass, medication list, and shopping trolley coin - you inspired me greatly!
I have often wondered how many of us baby boomers benefit from having a Filofax in our lives, how many call in here looking for inspiration? Our generation still enjoys fashion, music and alternative ideas.
We like to live life to the full and with innovative planning and organising in a Filofax we can achieve this and so much more.
29 June 2016
28 June 2016
So now it is time to enjoy a great collection of blog posts and videos from around the internet.
So here are a selection of the latest Filofax videos for your enjoyment.
- A5 Van der Spek Faith planner - Mary D'Angelo
- Van der Spek Touch Me Setup - sarahfilo_
- Van der Spek standard - Mary D'Angelo
- Gillio Amica Setup - June 2016 - Nursing Mama
- Gillio setup 6/15 - Alisha Burnett
- My new Gillio! - Milko Plans
- Gillio Amica review and setup June 2016 - MadeWithLoveCrafter
- Gillio Compagna Setup - June 2016 - Daisy Barreto
- My Gillio Medium Compagna in Epoca Orange - Marsia Bramucci
- Combining Planners | Filofax and Bullet Journal - Sam Kelley
- BULLET JOURNAL Filofax June 2016 SETUP/MySummerTouch - mysummertouch
- Mini Q & A Filofax vs. System - Filofax Girl
- Saffiano Filofax Zip compact unboxing - OrganizedMommyChaos
- Personal Filofax Siena in Cinnamon - Lily Louise
- Filofax Saffiano Compact Zip review! - Vegan Organizer
- Filofax Domino Planner Set up - EmpressRome
- Mein FiloFax - Jonthn89
- Filofax Finsbury Personal Review e Setup - Elaine Canha
- Spring 2016 New Malden Filofax Kingfisher Blue and Fuschia comparisson and review - Loretta Coles
- Setup Filofax burnt orange - plan.tastisch
- My FILOFAX и ERIN CONDREN Life Planner. Ежедневники, организация времени - Читаем с Алиной
- Filofax mini Malden Purple wallet in Dutch - It's all about Filofaxie
- How to hole punch paper for an A5 filofax UK - Livvy Molly
- My Planner Collection! | What Worked and What didn't (Midori, KS, Filofax) - Lisa Lachhman
- For tips on how to improve your videos, please see this post. Also this video too Webfinds
- Your Filofax/Organiser Videos could appear in this list, just contact philofaxy at gmail dot com to be added to our monitoring list.
- My week #219 - Paper Lovestory
- My Week #25 In Review (2016) - Joannywhite.co.uk
- My Week #25 - Polkadotparadiso
- MTN WEEKLY 2016 #12 - Letters in November
27 June 2016
When? - Sunday 3 July at the following times:
- London 10:00 am,
- Paris 11:00 am,
- Brisbane 7:00 pm time.
- Los Angeles 8:00 am,
- Denver 9:00 am
- Dallas 10:00 am,
- New York 11:00am,
- London 4:00 pm
- Paris 5:00 pm etc.
The timing of these two sessions have been chosen to hopefully allow as many people to join in compared to previous round-tables.
Do not worry if you aren't available at the start of one of our sessions each one lasts 2-3 hours so pop up when you are available and say hello.
Where? - an on-line chat using Skype. with voice and video (if you wish)
What do I need? - just a micro-phone and some head phones(in ear phones work fine) and a free Skype account. Using headphones or earphone reduces 'echo' on the call. Video is optional, but a few of us will be on video as well.
Who - All of you... connect up with Philofaxy and we will attempt to get as many of us linked in to the audio conference as possible. Come and listen if you don't want to chat. What do we talk about? Filofax stuff... but anything else as well. It's like long lost friends meeting up for coffee and a catch up.. but don't worry if you have never joined in before... you are an old friend too!
If you have any questions you want to ask then please let us know in the group or before we start.
- Connect to Philofaxy by firstly searching for Philofaxy in Skype, I will then add you as a contact.
- Then 'Send Contact Request', I will then add you in to the chat room.
- Then if you request it, I can add you to the audio conference as well. But if you just want to chat via keyboard that's fine. That way it's slightly less hectic for me!
As with previous round-tables there will also be a parallel text chat room going at the same time as the voice conference, so you can listen to the voice chat and type if you wish, just mute your microphone in Skype
If you need any assistance setting up Skype, please pop a comment in this post and I will try and help you get one line. Skype is free for computer to computer calls....
Here is my post on how to improve your Skype audio with headphones or a headset.
Hope to be chatting with you on Sunday 3 July 2016.