05 October 2015
I updated the details on Selling and Buying via Philofaxy Adspot
We looked at the new Gillio range of contrasting pastel colours in their Campagna range. There was also a competition which was won by Loretta.
I shared with you my journey from using a Personal size organiser to using an A6 organiser.
This was followed closely by the release of the new Gillio A6 Campagna which we reviewed.
At the end of the month I was able to look at the New Van der Spek 'Touch Me' Colours and the redesign of the 'Senior' size which now comfortably takes A6 size inserts.
Yes September was A6 month!!
I touched on the idea of Managing Multiple Diary Inserts
The Van der Spek Video Competion continued and there was still all of September to get those videos on line and get people liking them. The results were announced on the 1st October.
The following readers went under the spotlight Elena, Priscilla, Dana, Emma We still need new people to come forward, please email Steve if you would like to appear on Reader Under The Spotlight.
Our experienced user feature continued and in September we heard from: Richard (Crofter), Susan, Lois thank you to everyone who has contributed so far. If you would like to share the details of how you use your organiser, please contact Steve and he will send you the details. We have run out of posts for this feature at present.
Of course the Webfinds and Free For All Tuesdays, Fridays posts are always there each week, please join in the comments, everyone is welcome.
If you have a guest post idea, please contact steve at philofaxy dot com or if there is a topic you would like to see us cover or revisit also please contact Steve.
I hope you find this post useful, please let us know in the comments and we will do our best to do a highlights post each month.
04 October 2015
I'm Bex, and I love organization! I recently re-entered the Filofax world with the purchase of my favorite nude A5. I love how I can put class planning and personal planning in one binder and still keep things straight.
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
I bought my first Filofax online after seeing one in a movie--I can't remember the movie but it had Katherine Heigl, and she had a personal red Finsbury. I googled it , found it, and bought it! Since then I also bought a raspberry personal Finsbury and a navy Original personal. This past month I decided to move up to an A5 and bought the patent in nude and just yesterday ordered an ochre Malden!
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I've used the Target ones that are spiral. I can't remember the name. They're pretty but I prefer a ring binder.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
The Original Nude A5. So pretty but so useful.
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
The red personal Finsbury from a few years ago--I'm new to the Filofax world!
6. What do you use your organisers for?
I have a tab for planning the classes I teach (6 a week) a tab for month and daily, a tab for week on two pages, a tab for grocery planning, and a notes tab. That's all in my nude A5. In my Chameleon A5 I keep my budget and household information like daily tasks, monthly tasks, etc for keeping the house up.
7. How many sections do you have in your organiser and what is each section used for?
Oops--answered this above. In my main planner I have five. In the chameleon I have 4: budget, debt snowball, daily tasks, monthly/annual tasks.
8. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
I love the high quality feel and the customization of the order of things inside.
9. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
I don't know that I have an answer for this!
10. How do you carry your Filofax?
I keep my nude A5 Original in a fabric pouch I sewed.
11. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I love the Malden in purple. I don't think I will buy it because I just bought it in ochre.
12. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
I spent $129 on my ochre Malden.
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
I like seeing the different inserts and organization.
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
Gives me planner envy!
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
Kick the dust up by Luke Bryan
16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
No but it would be fun!
17. What was the last movie you watched?
Hmm. Gone Girl.
18. What was the last book you read?
First, Kill All the Marriage Counselors by Laura Doyle
Thank you Bex.
As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'.
So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today. Thank you.
03 October 2015
So now it is time to enjoy a great collection of blog posts and videos from around the internet, so grab a drink and make yourself for our weekly round-up.
Here are some Philofaxy posts you might have missed this week:
- Reader Under The Spotlight - Emma
- Managing Multiple Diary Inserts
- A Date For Your Diary - Sunday 4th October 2015
- Free For All Tuesday No. 243
- New Van der Spek Touch Me Colours
- Experienced User - Jacqueline
- Van der Spek Video Competition Results
- Free For All Friday No. 359 by Anita
- Accurate colour depiction of VDS undyed binder at 11.5 months - This Bug's Life
- free printable_ Memory pocket per la Filofax - Lucy Wonderland
- How to build your perfect planner system? Week 17: Weekly calendars/planner pages - From Chaos to Order
- Reveal of personal sized Filofax Union Jack limited edition organiser - This Bug's Life
- Reader Under The Spotlight – Philofaxy Feature - A random English life
- Getting ready for 2016! - It's Bluetiger
- Planner set up in my custom Van der Spek - Random Pastimes of a Restless Mind
- Planner Structure vs. Notebook Freedom - The Weekend Wife
- Norman and Hill Filofax - This Bug's Life
- 365/30: October's List - Filomaniac
- More Fun with My Filofax - Making your own Dividers and Calendar - Claudine's Art Corner
- What Kind of Planner Are You? #2 - Planner Fun
- Swedish Filofax Journey in pocket size – perfect for a wallet - This Bug's Life
- Why I Don’t “Schedule” My Tasks - Homemakers Daily
- FREE Gorjuss september dashboard - Lucy Wonderland
- Black Slimline Classic Filofax - This Bug's Life
- Glamour Shopping Week: Jetzt geht's los! - Filomaniac
- Filofax : New Pear Range - With Love, Meg
- Time management Monday: The difference between Goals and Priorities, and how to make yours the same - The Quo Vadis Blog
- London Underground Map from Grace Scurr Filofax - This Bug's Life
- Pocket Mulberrys - Random Pastimes of a Restless Mind
- Plannerisms planners next generation - Planenerisms
- My Filofaxes: Mini Grey Malden. - A random English life
- Limited Edition Union Jack Original Filofax in personal size - This Bug's Life
- Unboxing my il Bison planner - Love All Planners
- Setting Task Deadlines - The Weekend Wife
- The essentials of GTD in 2 minutes, 22 seconds - Getting Things Done
- The Rhythm of the Weekly Plan - Giftie Etcetera
- Quick Post: VdS, Filofax, Mulberry, and Hobonichi on my mind this week - Random Pastimes of a Restless Mind
- We monitor over 400 blogs and sites, your Filofax/Organiser blog posts could appear in this list, just contact philofaxy at gmail dot com to be added to our monitoring list.
- We can not guarantee people will read your posts, but we know there is a higher chance of people reading your posts and returning to read other posts if you make them interesting with pictures and good hints and tips. Do not forget to give your posts a title...
- Your Filofax/Organiser posts could appear in this list, just contact philofaxy at gmail dot com to be added to our monitoring list.
- For some general tips on Filofax Blogging, please see this post
And here are a selection of the latest Filofax videos for your enjoyment.
- Paper VS Digital PLANNING | FILOFAX - MsSamanthaX
- Personal Filofax Planner Setup! - Tori Lynn
- A5 Filofax Malden Setup & Review - Homemaker on the homefront
- Filofax Saffiano Review and Inkwell Press A5 2016 Inserts - MyHomeMatters
- Filofax Introduction - Claudynplans
- FiloFax Clipbook | Plan With Me | Beauty and the Beast | College Planner -Plan With Hailey
- Filofax Original A5 Setup Video *German* Part 1 - Filofanatic
- Filofax/ Kikki K Planner Mint Setup Video *English* - Filofanatic
- Filofax Original A5 Setup Video *German* Part Two - Filofanatic
- A5 Filofax Domino Setup - Shenel Bankston
- Gillio Compagna unboxing - Loretta Coles
- Planner Set up in my Van der Spek - Random Pastimes
- Van der Spek Touch Me with 25mm rings - One Fantastic Find
- For tips on how to improve your videos, please see this post. Also this video too Webfinds
- Your Filofax/Organiser Videos could appear in this list, just contact philofaxy at gmail dot com to be added to our monitoring list.
- My Week #39 (2015) - Joanny White
- Week planner 109 - Lucy Wonderland
- My week #180 - Paper Lovestory
- My week #38 - She's Eclectic
- Weekly Post #129 - Miss Mae's Adventures
- FLORAL - Letters in November
- My week 39/52 - Twenty5seven
- My Week #40 - Polkadotparadiso
- Week planner 110# - Lucy Wonderland
- Weekly Post #130 - Miss Mae's Adventures
- Pimp My Planner: Whee! October Edition - Dianne Sylvan