20 November 2010

London Meet Up - 20th November 2010 - Quick Report

I except you are all wondering how the meet up went today. So this is just a very quick and short post about our day. I will be writing a more comprehensive report including photos in the next few days. But as I'm travelling and not back home in France until Tuesday afternoon, there might be a slight delay....

Firstly thank you to everyone, those that were able to attend, and those of you who supported us, but were not able to attend. I think I'm right in saying we had a great afternoon together.

We started with lunch in Tate Modern. Lots of 'getting to know each other' discussions over the main course.... then in the pause before desert someone got out their Filofax.. and it started a whole trend of all of us getting out Filofax organisers of different styles sizes etc... people had to be reminded of the time and to order desert!!! The picture to the right is during our 'Filofax Course' part of our meal together! Don't worry I will put names to all the faces in the pictures in my full report.

At about 3:30 we started making our way along the embankment, it was a bit like a school trip, I had to keep doing a head count to make sure we hadn't lost anyone!! But we navigated our way along a very crowded South Bank of the River Thames towards Waterloo Bridge and then across the bridge and in to the busy crowded streets of Covent Garden to the Filofax Shop in Neal Street.

We then more or less took over the shop and had a great time looking at all of the different models, some of the sale items on offer and chatting with the shop staff.

As 6pm approached we all said our good byes and headed off in different directions for trains home. I know by the time I got back to my hotel in Tunbridge Wells, I was tired and shattered, but after a shower and a beer I started to reflect on the day and everything we did and said. What a great day and it will be one I will remember for a long time.

So this is short and sweet, I will expand on all parts of our day in my more complete post and I'm sure you will be smiling when you see some of the photos of the day.

Again thank you to you all, you all made it happen, and I'm sure we will be doing this again soon.

8 comments:

  1. Steve I have to second what you have said, it was a great day and I had a wonderful time. I won't be forgetting it anytime soon.

    It was lovely to be able to names and faces together and just chat and get to know each other, and of course swap Filofax ideas etc.

    The staff at Neal St were lovely!

    So looking forward to the next one, whenever it may be! Already been scouring Ebay for my next potential purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry I had to miss this!!! Kids and I have all had a nasty cough all week and I kept hoping I'd be well enough to go, but yesterday morning I was still feeling too rotten to go. I'm glad you all had fun!! Can't wait to hear more details. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous! That lunch table with that heap of filofaxes looks like soooo much fun!!!! So, did you guys buy anything in the Filofax store or were you able to resist the goodies ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm jealous too. Wish I was still in England. May be over for a visit in the first quarter of next year though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had a fantastic time. My dream would be to have an international one (maybe over a couple of days). I would sooooooo go to that!! hehehe. :-))
    I have posted part one of the London meet up on my blog here
    http://caribbeanprincessmusings.blogspot.com/2010/11/philofaxy-london-meet-up-2010-part-one.html

    Also for those in the UK the Giveaway closes at 4 pm today so be sure to enter
    http://caribbeanprincessmusings.blogspot.com/2010/11/second-royal-giveaway-with-csn-stores_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I agree with Jotje - that table looks fabulous with all those filos! I was at the Tate Modern in July 1999 and it was the Neal St. store that the shopkeeper commented that I must be in my Nirvana. Looking forward to the full report. I'll be in England in three weeks but order of business is chocolates at Tescos and William and Kate T Towels, commemorative dishes, etc.!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a wonderful time! Will there be another meet up next year? I would love to come and meet you all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Full report now on line.....

    http://philofaxy.blogspot.com/2010/11/london-meet-up-20-november-2010.html

    Steve

    ReplyDelete