18 October 2012

Embracing (Filofax) change - part 1

I am sad to announce that my beautiful purple Malden developed some ring issues and has been returned. I noticed with some disbelief that the tiny gaps on the two lower rings had got bigger, and the bottom one was starting to move out of alignment. I have been offered a refund as the variations in the Malden leather mean that I'd only want to get a replacement in person and it's not from a local supplier unfortunately. I am such a Malden fan-girl that I initially felt a bit at a loss of what to do now, and started to regret selling my crimson one.

Farewell, my lovely

However, after a bit more thought I decided that the Filofax gods are actually helping me embrace a change I was considering anyway! After seeing Imy and Tracy's compacts at the London meet up, I did realise just how chunky my Malden had become and I'm generally trying to declutter and downsize in my life. As I'd been removing more and more, it seemed silly to have such large rings with so little in it. I popped onto eBay (as you do) and to my surprise found a new scarlet slimline Adelphi for a bargain buy it now price. And then I won a new ruby slimline Deco for another great price, which means I now am in a bit of quandary... which one to keep?? So many slimlines are either in black or brown, so I was very surprised to be able to snap up two in these colours so close together.



Family shot
Both slimlines were listed as new, but the Adelphi (in my opinion) show some signs of use so I have started using it as my main Filofax, with my A5 Domino Snake as back up. I have decided to split this into two parts as otherwise it would be quite a long post with all the photos, so part two to come!

19 comments:

  1. I think the one on the left looks more classy by far, while the one on the right looks like it holds more in terms of pockets. So my vote goes for the one on the left! As an aside, I can't see how Filofax can afford NOT to sort out their quality control issues. The cost to them in returns alone must be severely hitting their bottom line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the one on the left looks more classy by far, while the one on the right looks like it holds more in terms of pockets. So my vote goes for the one on the left! As an aside, I can't see how Filofax can afford NOT to sort out their quality control issues. The cost to them in returns alone must be severely hitting their bottom line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the personal adelphi (not the compact) and I love the pockets in it. It can easily double as my wallet with all that space

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Deco wins by far and I'm not even the glam type. I'd like to know how your using your slimline at some time if you wouldn't mind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Savannah, I will be doing a post on my slimline set up once I've been using it for a bit longer.

      Delete
  5. The Deco color and general leather quality seem to be superior to the Adelphi, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally, I loved the adelphi when it came out (in all sizes) and thought it looked a bit 'Chanel' like in design. However in the flesh I didn't like the pockets on all the sizes. I couldn't understand how they could be described as slimline with those huge pockets which were almost as wide as the rings! I still have my very little used slimline. I can see how it would be great if you wanted to use it as a wallet as well. So on balance my personal vote would be with the Deco as the leather on those is sumptuous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and I can see the snake peeping out of the picture - despite being a cheaper model I love mine - I have a personal and an A5 (which is probably just greedy!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I just noticed that now! Beautiful with that Snake gold background. Definitely Deco even more now! :)

      Delete
  8. Definitely the Deco!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anita, I vote for the Deco, too!
    What a pity that they don't exist in the Compact size...

    ReplyDelete
  10. It really is a no brainer... the deco looks more luxurious, richer, warmer.. need I say more ... the other gives me cheap argos vibe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes Anita the Deco wins everytime, it's a truly luxurious binder I'd buy one in Red if theprice was right. Looking forward to your Part Two of your Adlephi and Domino.

    ReplyDelete