27 January 2013

A date for your diary - 3 February 2013


New York



London



Paris



Sydney



We are going to run another conference round-table voice chat using Skype.

I'm sure we are gradually getting to know each other's voices, but I will make a point of going 'around the table' to get everyone to introduce themselves this time.

So...When, Where, What, Who and How?

When? - Sunday 3 February from 10am (US East Coast time), 3pm London time, 4 pm Paris time etc.  See the clocks at the top of this post to see roughly what time you should be on line.

Where? - an on-line chat using Skype.

What do I need? - just a micro-phone and some head phones(in ear phones work fine) and a free Skype account. Using headphones reduces 'echo' on the call.

Who - All of you... connect up with Philofaxy and we will attempt to get as many of us linked in to the audio conference as possible. Come and listen if you don't want to chat.

How -
  1. Connect to Philofaxy by firstly searching for Philofaxy in Skype, I will then add you as a contact.
  2. Then  'Start Chat',  I will then add you in to the chat room. 
  3. Then if you request it, I can add you to the audio conference as well. But if you just want to chat via keyboard that's fine. That way it's slightly less hectic for me! 
Come and join in the fun, even if you only pop in to say hello...

As with previous round-tables there will also be a parallel text chat room going at the same time as the voice conference, so you can listen to the voice chat and type if you wish.

If you need any assistance setting up Skype, please pop a comment in this post and I will try and help you get one line. Skype is free for computer to computer calls....

Here is my post on how to improve your Skype audio with headphones or a headset.

Hope to be chatting with you on Sunday 3 February 2013

4 comments:

  1. I'm writing this date in and going to try and make it - This time hopefully I won't be sick and coughing the entire time :)

    PS - has anyone else noticed there are a lot of new people doing filofax/planner videos?? I'm really enjoying having so many to watch daily!
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I won't be able to make this one either. I am at a summit/conference. I will keep trying though...one of these times I will make it. Tracy, I love all the videos too....still trying to make my next one, but I keep changing things...hopefully this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be there (just hearing, no speaking because i'm so poor in english spoken!! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, bummer! I'll be recovering from a six-day work week (sleeping in, hopefully) then in the kitchen prepping for a Super Bowl party.

    So bummed to miss, hopefully you have a great chat!

    ReplyDelete