28 January 2013

Reader Under the Spotlight - Puddytatpurr

So today I would like to introduce you to 'Puddytatpurr' a new comer to the Philofaxy Community, but one that has jumped in with both feet or should that be on all fours?!

Hi *waves madly* I'm Puddytatpurr and I'm a stay at home mum to four teens, two chinchillas and Isis The Fluffy Puppy!

I spend most of my time knitting or spinning and I'm learning how to master the sewing machine!

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

Um, I think it was my old Personal Identity and I must've bought it about 15 years ago. It has a bright red sticker on the front that says 'Do Not Meddle In The Affairs of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup'

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

There are other brands?!? ;)

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

My Personal Malden in Ochre - I'd love a purple one though

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

At the moment, I own four. My Personal Identity, a Personal Malden, an A5 Identity and an A5 Flex which was an unwanted gift and is for sale.

5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?

The Personal Identity

6. What do you use your Filofax for?

My daughter has just started using the a Personal Identity - I was using it to hold spare pages, the A5 Identity is my journal, the A5 Flex isn't used as I'm trying to sell it and the Malden holds my life

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

The ability to personalise it!

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

Bigger rings!

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

Usually in my bag

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I'd like to try a Holborn, but I can't really afford one.

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

Probably an A5 I bought years ago, but I don't remember how much I paid for it

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

Being able to print my own inserts....well, when I have ink in the printer!

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

The different people who feature on the blog and I have 'met' via the Facebook page

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

I wish there was some other way we could all communicate other than Facebook - I hate Facebook and was just going to leave when I discovered the group

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

Um.......I don't remember, I'm kinda stuck in the 80's when it comes to music - it might have been the Fallen album by Evanescence.

16.  Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver?  

Colin Firth! (Mark Darcy)

Thank you very much for volunteering to go under our spotlight and for answering all the new questions too... If anyone else would like to appear under the spotlight please get in touch.

15 comments:

  1. 'Do Not Meddle In The Affairs of Dragons For You Are Crunchy And Good With Ketchup'- is a sign of a fine person. Nice to meet you!

    I too have pondered that a forum might prove a good idea with this lot. Just throwing it out there... *whistles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the dragon reference too!

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Puddytatpurr....fun read...

      +1.....

      For the great and useful slogan and for the forum suggestion....

      Like others I am not on Facebook and rarely on Twitter....

      Although reading Steve's comments below, I do understand the work involved to keep a forum free of spam and other crud....

      FWIW, The Fountain Pen Network (FPN for short...) has a set of lively forums, mostly dedicated to the world of fountain pens and inks. However, there is a section on paper and other related things, such as journals, planners, etc.....

      http://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php?/forum/36-paper-and-pen-paraphernalia/

      Delete
  2. Hi!! I'm a newcomer also!! I love the visual image of the dragon sticker!

    WRS - A forum is a great idea! I am not a huge fan of Facebook. I only stay on there really for the Philofaxy group also!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      The forum idea has been covered before back in 2011:

      http://philofaxy.blogspot.com/2011/01/discussion-forum.html

      I'm no longer a big fan of forums, even less so than when this topic was first raised two years ago.

      The Facebook group is working very well since the increase in members last year.

      A forum would be yet another platform to go and check each day and I can do without that. We have presence on Google+ and LinkedIn, and Yahoo Groups but they are insignificant compared to the amount of traffic on Facebook and the comments on the blog.

      I certainly don't have time to moderate a forum, I did the job for about 4 years on another topic and it can be sole destroying to say the least. Others will tell you of their good experiences with Forums, all I can say is that either they weren't that lively or that they had a big team of moderators to keep it all in check.

      Regards
      Steve

      Delete
    2. Well, certainly the moderation part of a forum is a laborious one. I had no idea this idea was being discussed 2011 as I am fairly new but I´m glad to hear facebook works out so well for the group.

      Delete
    3. We do have an English area in our mostly German forum, maybe you'd like to check it out?
      filomaniac.plusboard.de

      Delete
    4. I can definitely sympathise on the forum moderation front having also webmastered/moderated a forum some years ago. The spam levels became utterly stupid and in the end I couldn't devote enough time to it to keep up with the spammers let alone get a step ahead of them.

      However, I don't have a facebook account, on principle - or indeed a twitter account or Google+. I find the idea of being monetized by the likes of Mark Zuckerberg - who has demonstrated an utter lack of anything resembling scruple or integrity and manifestly shouldn't be allowed within 6000 miles of anyone's personal data - repulsive. Big Brother is here and his name is Mark!

      Delete
    5. I quite agree re: facebook. I am on Twitter but using it less and less and almost entirely to communicate about planners and binders and a wee bit to send notes to some neighbors. Facebook is horrible and Google+ seems utterly pointless.

      At any rate, very nice to meet you, Puddytatpurr! I agree re: Mark Darcy.

      Delete
    6. Maybe you want to check out our English area in our mostly German forum:

      filomaniac.plusboard.de

      Delete
    7. With regards to Facebook, isn't it now the case that each post remains hidden from a random selection of group members, unless you "sponsor" (pay to have the block lifted) each of your posts?

      I can't see a forum on Facebook working, if you can't be certain that everyone can see your posts.

      Delete
    8. Hi Neil
      No everyone sees the posts there's no 'sponsoring' required
      Steve

      Delete
    9. Cheers for that, Steve. I'm not a fan of Facebook, but I have recently noticed a clickable link underneath each of my posts, marked "sponsor". If you click the link it asks you to pay (around 5 GBP in my case) to "promote" the post, to ensure it is seen by all your friends. I've read that this is how Facebook is "monetising" what was previously a free service.

      Delete
  3. Spam messages is a huge problem on forums these days. Keeping the spammers out and making sure people post in the right places, and abide by forum rules is very time consuming. I used to run a forum and I'd say it took more time to maintain than it was worth. I do prefer the format of forums compared to blogs though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I´m with you on Mark Darcy - hell yeah!!! I would love to leave Facebook and set up as a new user with only access to the Philofaxy group and my fitness group (would be more useful if I could get off my butt and do start exercising again though). Then I could claim that it is purely for "research and support purposes" :-)

    ReplyDelete