10 February 2013

Reader Under the Spotlight - Alondra

Hello there! My name is Alondra Karwowski (Lola) and I am 20 years old. I attend community college part time and work full time as a receptionist for a home building company. I am married to a wonderful fella and have a beautiful two month old daughter. As you might see, my hands are pretty full. It's hard finding some 'me' time now a days. My planner and my journals are the things that keep me sane. It's an obsession no one truly understands so it's such a blessing to have found a community where I can share my love for planners and stationary with. If you'd like to see my love for such things, head over to Flickr or Youtube!


1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?


My first Filofax was the warm orange personal sized Metropol which I bought in October last year.


2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

None. I am very happy with Filofax at the moment. I've seen the FC, Day Runner, and the Kate Spade agenda in person (just to check them out, not to buy) and didn't like them.


3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

Ohhhh, you guys all know this one. My Metropol is my baby! No other planner compares.


4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

At the moment I own three but there is one I am waiting for Filofax to replace.
  1. Mini Domino - I just bought it because it was $.99 on Ebay. Impulse buyer here!
  2. Personal Metropol
  3. Personal Finsbury
  4. Holborn (which I have returned to Filofax for a replacement)

5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?

Metropol! Metropol! Metropol!


6. What do you use your Filofax for?

I use my Filofax for everything. It holds my debit cards, insurance cards, ID's, family pictures, stickers, sticky notes, goals, notes, grades, personal information, to-do's, money, addresses, and my diary. Oh, and i only use one Filofax at a time. I don't know how others could possibly keep up with more than one. Kudos to you guys!


7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

The most common feature, being able to customize it to my liking.


8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
Hmm, nothing my planner doesn't already have. Obviously, I'm not very picky.


9. How do you carry your Filofax?
In my purse. This is the main reason I only purchase personals. Many complain that sticking in your handbag damages the leather but I don't mind my planner looking used and loved.


10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
Osterley in wine. My husband would never go for it though. Wahh.


11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
The Holborn. I think it was $75 from Pens and Leather? Couldn't tell you.


12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
When the rings where in the way, someone advised me to have the diary section either in the middle or end of my planner. This was an amazing tip! I haven't had problems writing in my Filofax since.


13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
I like the community. Also, the web finds. Wham-bam-thankya ma'am!!


14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
The blog layout & color. Not my favorite.


15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
Take a walk - Passion Pit

Thank you Alondra for offering to go under our spotlight. And if anyone else would like to volunteer, then please contact us at philofaxy at gmail dot com

10 comments:

  1. Nice to meet you! I'm a big fan of your YT channel, and I have a secret crush on your metropol ;) congrats on your little girl, she is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you have a blog before, Lola? I remember seeing your lovely metropol in my lurking days (before I got a filo) and was set on a lovely orange like yours! Could never find one though, and when I did get a filofax I couldn't find your blog anymore :( congrats on the baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did but I couldn't keep up with it. Blog posts were always in the back of my mind and it bothered me not being able to get to post them/write them. That is why I have my Flickr account now :)

      Delete
  3. It was seeing your metropol that made me buy mine!

    Congrats on your daughter!

    Sareena x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Metropol is a great buy! Glad I was able to talk you into it ;)

      Delete
  4. Nice to meet you, Alondra. I don't mind my planner looking a little battle scarred either. It shows she's loved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your metropol is gorgeous. I actually considered getting one after seeing how lovely yours is. I opted for the Osterley in Wine instead. Quite a splurge, but it's close to perfect. A metropol may be in my future at some point though. I keep getting planner envy looking at yours. :)

    -Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Osterley is gorge!!! Like I said, I would buy it if my husband was on board. Maybe later in life when I'm rich and famous ;)

      Delete