03 February 2013

Reader Under the Spotlight - Crystal

I would like to introduce you to Crystal:

My name is Crystal. I am from the Southeast US. I am seriously addicted to planners, stationary, pens, and stickers. It appears one of my daughters has inherited this from me! As a mother of 4 children, a planner became a must when I opened an in home business. I now work outside of my home and attend college full -time. I use two Filo's to keep up with information. Without my planner, I don't think I would ever remember anything!

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
I won a Graphic pocket Filofax on Ebay in July 2012. It now belongs to my Mom. The Graphic was really nice and had great functional pockets, it was just very stiff.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?       

I used small "checkbook" size planners in school. As an adult, I graduated into Day Runner, then Day-Timer,and finally Franklin Covey.  I did have a brief fling with Moleskine but it was too restrictive for my planner usage. I needed to be able to add and remove pages easily.  I had done a brief Google search on planners and found Imysworld, Plannerisms and from there, Philofaxy. I like the Aspinal of London, but the price is a bit much for me.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

My personal Malden is by far my favorite. The personal size makes it easy to fit in my bag. The page size isn't too small for notes and it is compatible with many other brands. The Malden is so fantastic. I love the flexible leather and the Vintage Pink color.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?
  • 3- A5, 
  • 2- Personal, 
  • 4-pocket

5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?
 

The A5 Domino is the oldest. I received it only a couple of weeks before the personal Malden.

6. What do you use your Filofax for?

Everything! My A5's handle major coursework, recipes, geneology research, and my projects. Right now, I am using a pocket Chameleon as a wallet for my debit card and ID. The personal has my main planner, school information, health information, shopping lists, book list, music list, and contacts.

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

While the planner pages and planner accessories in my Filo are a mix of brands, I needed a binder that was durable and nice to look at! I mean, who wants an ugly binder? I like the flexible leather of the Malden and had not found one that was comparable in any reviews. The overall design of the interior was just what I needed to be able to use it as my planner and my wallet.

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

I would prefer 1.25" rings. One of the features of the Malden that I really like is the flexibility, so it would have that. The closure would be snap, but with two snaps on the strap. That way, I could adjust depending on the amount of pages inside. I would love to have a personal size with a full length back pocket like my pocket Malden.

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

I carry the personal and pocket in my bag. I don't have a lot of other stuff so they both fit. I try to find bags with an outside pocket for my keys so the keys don't mark the Filo. The A5 is carried either in my book bag or in my hand.

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I have been eyeing the Osterley in personal. With so may people experiencing faulty rings, I am hesitant to spend that much on another binder.

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
$54.00 USD for my A5 Chameleon. I have been very fortunate that the models I wanted ended up on at least 50% sale.

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
I have found so many great ideas that it is hard to pick a favorite! Making my own dividers would have to be the best though. Even though I have been a planner user for 25 years, I have never even thought to make my own dividers.

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

The community is great. I have made several new friends through Philofaxy and discovered  blogs that I read weekly. The reviews from users have helped me decide which Filofax I wanted to purchase too. Before I purchased my pocket and personal Maldens, I spent quite a bit of time searching through posts to read reviews and look at pictures.

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

I wish Web Finds were every day!

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
Alex Clare-Damn Your Eyes    My 14 year old played the song for me and it is currently my fav song!

16.  Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver?   

I had to Google this since I have never seen the movie. Marc Darcy.

Thank you Crystal for agreeing to go under our spotlight. If any one else would like to take part then please contact philofaxy at gmail dot com

3 comments: