I work mainly within the Swedish Parliament as a translator, interpreter, language coach and speech-writer.
In my spare time I like extreme sports like bungee jumping and ziplining. I blog about all my passions at thisbugslife.com
1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
I am not sure what model it was but I bought it in London in 1984 with my first pay cheque.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I use Mulberry, Aspinal, Smythson and Ordning och Reda (a Swedish brand). I always come back to Filofax though.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
I am loving my Compact Personal Violet Temperley. I was very critical of this binder when it came out but I fell totally in love with it after receiving one as a gift.
4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?
5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?
A black Metropol which I have had for many years.
6. What do you use your Filofax for?
Making appointments for work, shopping lists, invoicing details, client notes, travel documentation and as a wallet. I have a very stressful job so my Filofax is where I empty my brain when it gets too full!
7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
Flexibility and customisability (is that a word?). I can move things around, add and remove them, make my own refills, and move the contents from binder to binder. I like being able to remove months as they are finished.
8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
- gold rings
- lockable clasp
- an outside pocket
- metal zip
- classy zip tag.
- really nice leather like the Mulberry ones
- full leather lining
- at least six credit card slots
9. How do you carry your Filofax?
In my handbag if I am going out for a while. In my hand if I am just popping out as it contains everything I need from keys to phone. I just have to grab it and go!
10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I love the A5 Original in Fluorescent Pink. I always say I won’t buy another Filofax and then end up buying one anyway, so yes, probably!
11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
Probably the A5 Siena as my Personal Deco was 80% off on sale. Non-Filofax it would be my Oak Mulberry Agenda.
12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
Using the clear plastic cover sheet that comes with a new Filofax as a ‘dashboard’ at the front. It protects the front pages from catching and becoming worn and I can put a few post-its or sticky notes on there as well as draw maps of what my Filofax contains.
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
The community which is always there to help out and answer questions. I feel that it kept the Filofax brand going when Filofax seemed determined to scupper itself.
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
The Kills - Future Starts Slow
16. Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver?
Thank you Janet, I enjoy reading your blog every day and to prove Janet wasn't joking about her thrill seeking hobbies.... jump!
Of course if you would like to stand under our spotlight and be featured here then please contact us at philofaxy at gmail dot com