29 January 2017

Reader Under The Spotlight - David

Today I would like to introduce you to David who kindly agreed to take part in Reader Under The Spotlight

Hi, my name is David. I'm a part time Pastor of a small local church and I work part time as a Social Survey Interviewer.  I'm married and have four grown up children.

1 When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?

All my first few organizers were presents for me.  My first was bought when I was a poor Theological student, bought by a slightly less poor student in about 1982. Thanks Steve H! How are you these days? It was a personal size 1 ML 1/2 That means it was a single pocket brown Moroccan leather organizer with 1/2 inch rings. It was in use for years until the rings kept falling out.

2 Out of all the organisers you own, which is your current favourite (style and size)?

I have a personal brown Kendal, which was a Christmas present in 2007.  It's my main organizer. I like the idea of all one's life in one place.

3. How many other organisers or other brands of organiser do you own?

Personal size:

  • Brown 1 ML 1/2 (now repaired),
  • Red 2 ML 7/8,
  • Brown Kendal
  • Brown slimline Cuban

 Black A4 Staples

4. What do you use your organisers for?

Mostly I use my Kendal for journalling and organizing.  I keep a slimline WTV diary separate from my Filofax.

5. How many sections do you have in your organiser?

I have three main sections;

  • Journal
  • My organizing section
  • Information

6. If you could design your own Filofax, what would it feature?

Apart from a Dr Who TARDIS, which could contain everything and then collapse into a mini size... My Kendal comes close. If it maintained the tactile oiled leather feel and wonderful smell longer than few years it would be close to perfect for me.

7. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

Rapesco punch. I punch all my pages and dividers.

8. Have you attended a Philofaxy meet up?  If not, do you intend to do one day?

I'm too shy! No I haven't yet, but may do so.

9. What was the last movie you watched?

I've been watching lots on Netflix recently, the most recent was Limitless

10. What was the last book you read?

An autobiography of Helen Roseveare, a missionary in Africa.

Thank you David.

As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'.So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today.

Thank you.

9 comments:

  1. I love reading these spotlights, thanks David. Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't know what an "ML" is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not all of the Filofaxes from that era had names. The ML merely denotes Morrocan Leather

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd forgotten that a one pocket version existed. I think yours must be among a select few, as I reckon they were discontinued very soon after you got yours David. Glad it is back in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks gmax, I had my shoe repairer glue the ring mechanism back in place. The leather is in great shape

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to meet you, David :)

    ReplyDelete