My name is Debra and I live in Florida in the US. I have always used a planner of some kind. I now have a complex healthcare job that requires very detailed "To Do" lists, notes, and follow-ups. I was first exposed to Filofax when I traveled to England with my husband to meet his family. It seemed there was a beautiful Filofax display in every stationery store back then! I could not afford one until a few years later.
I have evolved to using my Kensington personal Filofax with vintage Lisa Frank dividers, as they fit perfectly in the personal size Filofax. These dividers and inserts make it unique and fun!
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
I bought my first Filofax in 1998 on the "Miracle Mile" in Coral Gables, Florida. It was a Tejus personal size in black. My husband "inherited" it from me when I moved on to my Kensington a couple of years later.
2. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
The Kensington, personal, in black
3. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
Over the years I have owned many! I only use one planner, but I still have (and will be selling) two Maldens (purple and ochre) in pocket size, and a Mini almond Amazona (too cute to sell). I have experimented with Moleskine, FC, and Hobonichi, but Filofax is my favorite. As a previous reader so perfectly stated, the Filofax allows me to carefully curate the items I carry in my binder.
4. What do you use your organisers for?
I use only one planner for everything: work, personal, and al things in-between.
5. How many sections do you have in your organiser and what is each section used for?
I have 6 sections: calendar, references, notes, and three sections for special projects/subjects. I use a modified bullet journal style for my daily "To Do" lists.
6. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
Two combination leather and elastic pen holders, a transparent Filofax page marker/ruler, an outside slip pocket.
7. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
I like so many of these! I like to use my Rapesco to hole-punch everything for my Filofax. I like custom (especially vintage) dividers, and clipping my pilot G2 in the rings.
8. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
No, I have not....but perhaps someday!
9. What was the last movie you watched?
10. What was the last book you read?
The Executioner's Song (finally!)
Thank you Debra
As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'. So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today.