17 November 2010

2011 Dodo Pad diary A5 Filofax insert

This A5 Filofax compatible Dodo Pad diary insert was graciously sent to me as a sample by Rebecca at Dodo Pad.  Many thanks to Rebecca!

The Dodo Pad diary has been a fixture in British households for nearly 45 years and counting.  It started as the original desk size diary, and now comes in a variety of sizes and formats including this A5 Filofax-compatible insert.

(Heads-up: when you order a 2011 A5 diary insert, while supplies last you also get a free 2010 A5 Dodo Pad diary insert so you can start using your new diary right away!  Also, click here to get the discount code that will get you 10% off Dodo Pad products totaling ₤30 or more, for the entire month of November.)

Here you can see how great the Dodo Pad diary insert looks in my A5 Finsbury:

(You can also see my Dodo Pad Save The Day stickers in the front pocket.)

In the front of the diary there is a very handy year view planner for 2011:

Here are a few examples of the weekly layout.  Every week is different with art, interesting facts and humor. (Click photos to enlarge.)

There are facts about history:

Literature:

And just plain fun stuff like International Talk Like a Pirate Day!

The week is set up in a grid format so that you can track each member of the family, or alternatively use the daily boxes for morning/ afternoon/ evening/ to dos, or any number of ways.  You could even use it differently each week.

(Click here to see more examples of the weekly layout.)

In the back of the diary there are several pages for notes and forward planning, and a year view planner for all of 2012:
Inside the back of the diary there is more space for notes, and a very convenient list for "Indodispensable Data" such as quick-reference phone numbers etc.
So if you're bored of the same old diary layouts, tired of your oh-so-serious diary inserts, or just want to add some fun to your Filofax, I highly recommend the Dodo Pad diary Filofax inserts!

I'm bringing this with me to the Philofaxy meetup this weekend so you Philofaxers attending can check it out!

8 comments:

  1. Hi Laurie
    Is that the emerald Finsbury? I love that color! It reminds me of Ireland and Scotland!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Dodo Pad diary reminds me of two planner items I ran across recently that are also quite humorous. Search the U.S. Amazon website for "Do it later planner" and "Not todo to do list" (first todo as one word). The Do It Later planner has some great procrastinator wisdom in it! That one is also on the U.K. Amazon site.

    I hate to say that both of these are right up my alley!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing this insert on Saturday. The do it later planner sounds amazing. I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a similar planner from 2005 called the Procrastinator's Planner. It is hilarious yet practical, with things like 800 numbers to order flowers on Mother's Day.

    Erin yes it's the green Finsbury which, sadly, has been discontinued! I bought it in 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have bought the 2011 Dodo pad diary for my personal Filo, I have a fear it will be too small for my liking, but we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "each family member".
    Hm ... not if you have 4 kids. Which is why I'll stay with organised mum for the family related planning ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jotje there's actually plenty of room in the margin to use as a column for a 6th person. But, I do understand being addicted to a particular planner. When you find something that works well for you, it's hard to switch to something else!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's a great insert. Sometimes I wish that there were a list of filofax inserts somewhere.

    ReplyDelete