29 September 2013

Reader Under the Spotlight - Kym

My name is Kym Brown. I have come to know Filofax in this last year and I am a fan for life. I have always been a well organized woman and have used a organizer/planner of some sort for as long as I can remember.

As I was finishing up my Masters degree this year I was searching for "something new" to help take me to the next level. I found Philofaxy which in turn lead me to my very first Filofax.

I work in Healthcare administration. I love to create express myself creatively. I am a wife, mother and grammy. I adore all of my new Filofax friends. I have a YouTube channel, I am on Instagram  and I am working at reinventing my blog (I will post that on Facebook later).

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

My very first Filofax was a Personal sized deep pink domino. That was in May of this year.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I have used Franklin Covey, Day Timer, Day Runner, Barnes and Noble brand and My-Tyme Success Planner

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

My current favorite is my A5 Patent Fucshia Original named "Rio" She is my Inspirational/ bible study planner.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

I currently own four: Personal Domino in Deep pink and chocolate and A5 Originals in Fluro Pink and Patent Fucshia. In bids with a new beauty on Ebay right now.

5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?

Currently that would be the Domino in chocolate. However Im bidding on a vintage Filofax right now.

6. What do you use your Filofax for?

I use my personal size to carry in my purse and keeps me on schedule with appointments etc. Day to day life planning. My A5 Patent Fucshia is for bible study and the A5 fluro (named Georgie because she was born the same day as the new prince) is for Journaling.

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

It is hard to say one favorite feature. After my many years of organizers of other brands, I love Filofaxs' quality, wonderful leather, style, color. Its like a fine wine or a well designed pair of shoes or suit. Filofax is synonymous with excellence and quality.

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

Hmmm. Definitely A5, large rings, supple leather, inserts that focus on tracking wellness/healthy living and blog tracking. Nice pen loops.
I would also design one that tips its hat to a charitable organization or two. Maybe a portion of proceeds to be donated to an international cause. Maybe some endorsed or co-designed by international figures or celebrities to help market them. I really think Duran Duran should design a Filofax. :-)

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

I have my personal and A5 in my large purse, tote bag or arm at all times.

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I adore so many of them. I really want an A5 Malden in any color. I also love the Finsbury, Osterley, Finchley and Personal sized in Cover Story and Malden Ochre. See I cant choose. I love them all. I see a different use for most of them.

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

The A5 original $100.00

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

My favourite tip for Filofax is to make it yours. If you like to decorate or not. Make is useful for you. Otherwise you wont use it. I also "think outside the box" with my Filofax. They aren't only for scheduling your day. If most people are like me, their lives are multifaceted. I need organization for many pieces of my life. Day to day life, Bible studies, Writing/journaling, creative endeavors, weight loss or wellness management, school, etc.

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

If it weren't for Philofaxy I would have never ran across Filofax. And Im so glad I did. Philofaxy is a wonderful community of diverse people that share a great love of Filofax. I love the stories, insight and interactions with others. I have enjoyed being able to join Skype chats and see many of you from all over the world. I have met friends for life here. All because of a "little leather planner" and all of you who admin Philofaxy (Steve et al).

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

Sorry but I have nothing but love here. I just say I want more. :-)

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

C'est L'amour- Romantic French Classics compilation CD (I'm a sucker for French music)

16. Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver?

Mark Darcy, I adore a gentleman and Colin Firth isn't bad either.

Thank you Kym and be sure to let us know about your new blog. As always if you would like to go under our spotlight. Please contact philofaxy at gmail dot com 

2 comments: