12 October 2014

Reader Under the Spotlight - Lisa

Today I would like to introduce you to Lisa. 

Hey! My name is Lisa and I'm a twentysomething currently expecting my first child and about to get married. I hold a part time job as University assistent in the legal field and I'm studying to get my P.h.D. in laws.

I've always been a paper gal and I've always had some sort of calendar or planner for as long as I can remember. I'm also a bit perfectionistic, my Mum still teases me about tearing out not quite perfect pages in my homework notebooks when I was still in elementary school.

1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?

After a long time of trying to make bound planners like Moleskine and Paperblanks work for me, I finally purchased my first Filo somewhere in 2008. The Filo-bug didn't bite me until the beginning of 2014 though.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

After using bound Moleskine and Paperblanks calendars for several years I switched to the discbound Staples Arc planner and then to ringbound. As for ringbound I've only ever used Filofax.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

I recently downsized from A5 to personal and altough making inserts is a lot more difficult now I really love the portability of the personal size. I fell in love with the Malden model some time ago, and I like the Holborn as well.

4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?

16 Filofaxes in all sizes and no other brand planners.

5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?

I don't own any real vintage organizers. Maybe my grey and vintage pink Maldens?

6. What do you use your organisers for?

My personal Malden is my everyday planner. I carry it with me all the time. In there is a day on 2 pages set up for the next month and month on 2 pages for the rest of the year. I use it to track everything from work appointments to household to dos and planning my upcoming wedding. I also carry a bunch of information in it, like phone numbers of my doctors and my family, social security numbers and allergies of all family members, menu planning,...

My A5 Malden is my household planner, I use it mainly for budgeting. We use a special budgeting software and corresponding phone apps, but some things still have to be written down. I also store cleaning and cookings tipps in there.

I use a pocket Malden for storing all my store and loyality cards, and I also have a list in there with things I want to buy from stores I don't visit very often, like a certain Swedish furniture store or shops in another city.

Additionally I just transferred my pregnancy diary to my A5 Finsbury and I plan on continuing to use it as a baby book over the next years.

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

The many available styles plus the possibility to move pages around, tear them out, reprint them just as you need to.

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

Probably I'd just take the Malden and color it. More color choices would be awesome, just imagine a frog green or an apricot Malden! I would also put a second pen loop in it and make the pen loops stretchy or at least bigger.

9. How do you carry your Filofax?

I carry it in a a simple protective bag made out of jersey fabric, without any closure. I just slip it in and put it in my handbag. This way I still have easy access but it doesn't get scratched so easily.

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

Malden!!! I already own 9 Maldens in various sizes and I plan to buy more if I happen to stumble upon a rare color like crimson. My second favourite is the Holborn Zip.

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?

140€ for an A5 Malden.

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

If you do color coding and want to carry multiple pens with you, look for a flat pencil pouch and hole punch it to fit into the rings of your Filo. This way you don't have to dig through your whole handbag just to find the pencils.

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

I love to read about how other people use and set up their filos, and I also like to read the reviews and detail pictures of different models.

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

As an avid Pinterest-er I don't like that I'm not allowed to pin images here ;-).

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

Neil Young - Old Man

16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?

No and I fear there will never be any meet-ups in my country anway. But I'd love to attend.

17. What was the last movie you watched?

The Expandables 3 (I'm a big time sucker for action movies!)

18. What was the last book you read?

"What to Expect When You're Expecting". If you do not count pregnancy books ;-) it was the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth.

19. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?

Clooney, even if he is about to get married. Pitt was always too sleek for my tastings.

Thank you Lisa. And if you would like to be part of this feature please contact philofaxy at gmail dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment