02 August 2015

Reader Under The Spotlight - Rachel

Today I would like to introduce you to Rachel. 

Hello, I'm Rachel and I live in Washington State with my family. I love animals and I also love to scrapbook and sew. I also play lacrosse.

I use a few different organizers to keep the different areas of my life organized. I love using paper planners because it makes me feel more organized and I remember things much better when I have written them down. A paper planner also gives me a sort of creative outlet to decorate and change the inside to fit my needs.

I have a blog as well as my own shop which you can find here! www.heyitsratchel.weebly.com

Q1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?

I purchased my first planner in January of 2015. My first planner was a Large Time Planner in Lilac and Gold from Kikki-K.

Q2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I have used Filofax, Day Timer, Kikki-K and MAMBI. I have considered using the Marion Smith Designs planner or Kate Spade planners as well.

Q3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

My current favorite is my Filofax Original Personal in Patent Fuchsia. This is my on the go planner that I use to keep track of anything that I have to go and do, or when school starts again I will be bringing this planner with me to school to keep track of assignments and due dates.

Q4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?

I own one Filofax Original Personal, a MAMBI Happy Planner, and a DIY Faudori.

Q5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?

The oldest organizer that I own is currently my Happy Planner.

Q6. What do you use your organisers for?

I use my Happy Planner as a stay at home on my desk type of planner. This is where I write down any to-do lists, events, or anything else. This planner is my more in detail schedule for each day. My Filofax Original is my on the go planner. The schedule in here is much less detailed, and I use this planner to keep track of where I may need to go a certain day, and to keep track of school assignments and due dates. I also use my personal planer for any note taking that I may need to do while I am out. I also have a Faudori  that I made myself that I use for keeping notes when I am at church.

Q7. How many sections do you have in your organiser and what is each section used for?

In my Filofax Original my first section is where I keep some Target Dollar Spot Notepads that have been trimmed down to fit inside my planner. I use these for any note taking, or if I just need to write something down. My next section is my "memory keeping" section which I use when I need to have a brain dump, or just feel like writing down something cool that's happened. The next section is the lists section where I keep all of my wish lists, to do lists if I need to bring one with me, and any other lists that I may need to have with me. The next section that I have is my "stay inspired" section where I keep some motivational quotes, and other inspirational things. The last section in my Filofax is of course my Calender section where I keep all of my monthly and weekly pages.

Q8. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

I liked the simplicity of the design. It didn't have too much going on but still had beautiful colors that you could choose from.

Q9. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

It would look just like the Filofax Original but with some more pockets to keep things in.

Q10. How do you carry your Filofax?

I carry my Filofax in one of my "Planner Pockets" which I sell in my shop. This keeps my planner from getting any scratches while inside my purse or backpack.

Q11. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

The Filofax which I like the most is the Filofax Original Personal in Patent Nude. I am considering buying it very soon!

Q12. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?

The most I have every spent on an organizer was about $60, which I spent on my Lilac and Gold Kikki-K.

Q13. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?

My favorite Filofax tip is making your own dividers and inserts so that you can always switch things up in your planner!

Q14. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

My favorite part of Philofaxy is always the Reader Under the Spotlight or the Experienced User posts. I love reading how others use their planners.

Q15. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

I don't dislike anything!

Q16. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?

The last music track I downloaded was "Can't Feel My Face" by the Weeknd.

Q17. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?

I have not attended a Philofaxy meet-up. I would love to attend one soon.

Q18. What was the last movie you watched?

The last movie I watched was The Bride He Bought Online.

Q19. What was the last book you read?

The last book that I read was Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel.

Thank you Rachel.

As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'.

So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. It was great to meet you today Rachel on the Skype call!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to meet you too Michele!

    ReplyDelete