26 May 2016

T is for Travel

As it is a Thursday and we are approaching summer when people might be starting to think about holiday plans, may be it is time to start using your organiser to help you plan your holiday break.

I like to have my travel plans on paper, I then don't have the fear of not having an internet connection on my phone or enough power in the battery etc. I keep my plans in my Filofax travel wallet that I use for long distance trips.

So what inserts are there that can help you in planning your trip?

I like to have the details of the different parts of the journey on paper, using this insert. Yes, it is quite detailed, but I learnt from our trip to the USA last year that I needed all the various bits of information I have included because the different airlines had different restrictions! However, you can of course customise the insert as you wish.


Personal sized insert:  Travel Planning .docx .pdf

I use this packing list form for short weekend trips when it tends to be just me. On the reverse side I have included a 'Things to do before leaving' area. I've customised my own version of this with all my usual things I take on trips, you can do the same of course.


Personal size: Weekend Travel Packing List.docx
A6 size: Weekend Packing Lists  .docx .pdf

If you are going away on a much longer trip with your family. You might find this insert of interest, it is similar to one that used to be available from Filofax back in the 1980's in Personal size. I found it far too detailed, but it is quite easy to remove the things you will never take and get the list down to a single sided page.



A4/A5 size: Travellers Check List (A4) - .doc .pdf

You might also like to listen again to Episode 6 of The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Plannerverse which was dedicated to Travelling with your planner.

Happy and safe travelling this summer....

Creative Commons License

This work by Philofaxy is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Please download, adapt, use, share, but do not charge or use commercially.

3 comments:

  1. Nice! I can't wait to take a closer look at the travelers checklist. Intrigued. Thank you for sharing. I'm sure all of these will come in handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really like the weekend list and suspect I will be using it since I make weekend long trips to my family fairly often, plus I can see it being very useful if I need to go to stay in hospital again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I really like the weekend list and suspect I will be using it since I make weekend long trips to my family fairly often, plus I can see it being very useful if I need to go to stay in hospital again.

    ReplyDelete