13 November 2016

Readers Favourite Organiser - Kate - Part 1

Thank you to Kate for sharing with us her favourite organiser. 

Q1. What is your favourite organiser (Make/model/size)?

Of course my favourite model is a black pocket-size Malden Filofax.

Q2. How long have you owned it?

I have this one for a few days and I'm in love with this.

Q3. What is it that you like about it so much?

What to begin with;)
  1. Made of leather – very smooth and luxury
  2. Pocket size – this is enough to keep both my personal and business matters
  3. Rings – 19 mm contain all pages I want and need
  4. Zip pocket – for coins or other stuff
  5. Mobility - I have it always with me, regardless of the size of the handbag I use
  6. Wallet - no need to carry extra one
  7. High quality – you just feel this, when you have it in your hands
  8. Lying flat
  9. Slot for a note pad in the back cover
  10. A long pocket along the width of the back
Q4. Do you use it all the time?

I use this one everyday.

Q5. Do you think the design could be improved in any way? How?

I believe that the Malden model is perfect and does not need any amendments. But when it comes to other models Filofax (I have personal size Peru and Apex), I think that each of them should have at least 2-4 pockets for ID cards and place an additional note pad on the back.

And here are some photos of my favourite organiser.

Hello, let me introduce myself. I'm Kate, from Poland. And I am in love with Filofax ;)

This is my Filofax collection - personal size Peru and Apex, and pocket size Malden (which is my main planner at the moment).


Both personal size Filofaxes I bought in September 2015 in my local TKmaxx. They were at a great price – about 11 GBP per each. I used the Apex from September 2015 to May 2016. But then I realised that it was far too heavy to carry in my handbag. What was more important, too much space of every page was wasted. Peru has never served as a calendar, mostly due to the lack of any card slots. At the moment I use Peru as my journal / everyday diary. 

Besides, I have two non-Filofax brand pocket size organisers. One of them was my main planner since Apex was too heavy. Unfortunately, both pocket size planners have small rings (approximately 10-12 mm). I like size, colour and utility both, but small size of the ring was the main motive to seek an another model. I was looking for Filofax pocket size of 19 mm rings. 


I hope that I can buy some in TKmaxx. At the same time I checked prices on the Filofax page, hoping for a promotion. By chance I checked the offer on the local page with ads and I was very happy and surprised when I found one. Announcement was made a few days before, so when I called at the number listed, I was convinced that I hear that it is already out of date. I was very surprise when the girl who answered the phone said, that the Filofax is still for sale. Without thinking, even half a minute, I bought it from her. It was very cheap, I paid only about 20 GBP, together with the shipping. After a few days I pulled out of the envelope beautiful, in very good condition, pocket size black Malden.

I did not expect that I hit such unicorn.


Below are some photos of with the my setup    









Thank you, Kate, Part 2 is next Sunday with more details about Kate's set up.

If you would like to share with us the details of your favourite organiser, please contact steve @ philofaxy dot com

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, your black Malden looke lovely, a very good bargain. I use a pocket Malden (aqua) as my daily home planner and sometimes a wallet.
    I look forwards to seeing more about your setup next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I still can not believe it. I hope that you like my setup. Although from 2017 I plan a little different one. Especially since I bought a few types of pages. But this is a plan for the New Year (or Christmas holidays). Now I test what works for me and what does not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to reading about your set-up, Katarzyna!

    ReplyDelete