19 December 2012

My inevitable return to Malden

I don't know what it is about Filofaxes as I'm not particularly fickle when it comes to my other belongings. Maybe it's the ol' search for the perfect planner or just downright envy... I'm not sure. I immediately loved the Ascot I purchased from Adspot, and said to myself, "Right, that's it and I am finally done, and the only reason I will replace this is if it falls apart". And then the little doubts started to creep in when I was deleting some old photos and came across ones of my first crimson personal Malden. I originally obsessed about them for a long time, but wouldn't buy one as I already had a perfectly decent binder, a cherry Classic.

And somehow I still wasn't content when Filofax kindly replaced the faulty Classic with my long sought-after crimson! My journey took me then to an A5 in vintage pink (sold the crimson one, silly me) and a personal in purple, but sadly both were faulty and were returned. I took this as a cue to investigate others rather than immediately returning to Malden, and sampled the delights of a slimline and the Ascot. However, deep down I think I knew where my loyalties still lay.

I hadn't really made my mind up, but wrote an update in the Philofaxy Facebook group which was me just thinking out aloud that my ideal solution would be a swap and the lovely Kate stepped forward! Once the decision was made we both sprung into action and posted the filos, and I had my Malden in my hands the very next day! On opening the box, I just went, "Ohhh!" and gazed at its loveliness. 

I know so many of you have them, but I couldn't resist some piccies


I am so relieved to be a member again of the Malden Appreciation Society (as the wonderful Tony put it), and I'm not going to let this one get away! I haven't really done any work on its set up other than plonking the contents of the Ascot straight in, but I already feel right at home. 


I admit to one little eBay purchase to make me smile and make it feel more mine, which I've attached to the zip pull inside. It originally had a little bell on the bottom, but my cat was much too interested and I think the noise would've got on my nerves eventually.  


So, after only a 5 month hiatsu I am back in a Malden and here to stay, phew :)

18 comments:

  1. I love my Maldens, can't see me using anything else. I have a purple A5 which usually stays at home and a compact zipped which I think of as my purse/wallet, with just a month to view planner and some notes in it. I also have a grey personal and a crimson pocket which are currently "resting" but still give me pleasure to look at!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little cat charm! I keep thinking about getting a new Filo, but I'm devoted to my chocolate brown Metropol. It's funny how they do that to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been in love with my compact raspberry Chameleon, but it's now too small for my needs. After settling with my decision to upgrade to a personal (rather than A5), I couldn't bring myself to get a personal chameleon, because I didn't like the way the colour faded so quickly on my compact. So after MUCH research, I settled on looking for Malden. They don't come in raspberry or hot pink(!) so it would have to be black (boring) or vintage pink. I spied a vintage pink on Ebay, purchased on Monday, it arrived today and I AM IN LOVE!!! Now I know what the fuss was all about! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color!! BTW, does anyone know where I might find a Goals template for my personal filofax? I saw a YT video and osmeone mentioned they had found one here at Philophaxy but I did not see one on the Diary Iserts page

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to be a member of MAS! My first Ochre Personal Malden is on its way as we speak :) *checks tracking site again*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a convert well and tuly, the colour and the feel of the soft leather how could anyone resist the temptation about buying the Malden, I'm sure it's a classic. The little cat charm is a very nice touch Anita.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your comments :)
    The Holborns are a close second for me, but I'm a Malden girl through & through! Glad you're all enjoying yours & I hope you love yours, Susan (I notice you say 'first'!)


    ReplyDelete
  8. I utterly love my pocket Crimson Malden, and would really adore an A5 Malden, as the rings are so roomy and the design is just fabulous.I love your puddy cat charm too Anita.I saw a pen today with a lovely silvery cat charm on the end, secretly I am a huge cat fan,but I admired from a distance and resisted buying. Being unemployed £4.99 is too much for fripperies!! Sigh!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, yes, first Malden! Thank you :) I hope so too! It is posts like yours that keep re-affirming that I've made a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Maldens. There's a special Malden Magic I think, and I am now firmly addicted to the A5s. I know the Holborn is popular too, but having seen one I just can't see the appeal compared to the wonderful Malden!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooohhh beautiful! I wish I could find a vintage pink one.
    Welcome back to your beloved one :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. From a reply I got on their FB page, I'm pretty sure there will be an aqua malden next year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. From a reply I got on their FB page, I'm pretty sure there will be an aqua malden next year.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anita, welcome back to the Malden. I love mine, and would never give it up, I think. (:

    @Lynne: An aqua Malden would be great! I'm still on the hunt for my blue/teal personal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen the aqua Malden yet, Doris? It's a beautiful colour!

      Delete